Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:02
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 12, 2018

So - while working on a project - I was asked by Memoq to update (Ver7.8.172) today. When I reopened Memoq 5 minutes later, almost all projects on my list are inaccessible: only the last one and two old projects open (I had more than 100) - the other recent ones appear on the list in the Projects pane, but when I click on them I get the message "memoQ cannot open this project because the files no longer exist in their original location."
I have not restarted my computer, nor done any clean
... See more
So - while working on a project - I was asked by Memoq to update (Ver7.8.172) today. When I reopened Memoq 5 minutes later, almost all projects on my list are inaccessible: only the last one and two old projects open (I had more than 100) - the other recent ones appear on the list in the Projects pane, but when I click on them I get the message "memoQ cannot open this project because the files no longer exist in their original location."
I have not restarted my computer, nor done any cleanup since the update.

How the Hell do I solve this?
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:02
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Suggest that you contact Kilgray about it... Jun 12, 2018

I think we are on memoQ 8.4 right now, so I have to wonder how you were not suggested to upgrade to the latest version. In any case, I think it would make a lot of sense to call Kilgray and ask them for help. Sounds like a special situation.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:02
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Re-register the projects Jun 12, 2018

Sometimes you have to re-register the projects. If this is the problem:

Go to the MemoQ tab at the top left > Open Project in the menu list > Open Project link

This will open a folder and you might find your missing project there. Double click on the project folder > double click on the project.mprx file. This will re-register the project, which will then open.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 12:02
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Legendary quality Jun 13, 2018

It's the legendary quality control that the 'new Kilgray' performs on builds. I have lost time and work and money on many occasions because of such issues, especially relating to the flawed and bug-prone concept of resources.

Hege Jakobsen Lepri

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:02
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Reverted to default location Jun 13, 2018

Hege Jakobsen Lepri wrote:

I have not restarted my computer, nor done any cleanup since the update.

How the Hell do I solve this?

I just had the same thing happen to me. What I see is that I had changed the project file location from its default location, and after the update MemoQ reverted to the default location so it could not find the files. The solution is to go to Options > Locations and browse for the Custom Project Folder. All the projects are in there. Click OK and it's back to normal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memoq 2015 update disaster

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »