Why is there no primary translation memory attached to the project in MemoQ when it was 2 days ago?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2018

I moved to a new residenced apartment, and received this message when I tried to confirm a segment in the TM:

There is no working (primary) translation memory attached to the project.

But it worked fine 2 days ago in another city at another serviced apartment. I have this online server TM attached and my own local TM that I created myself. But now suddenly they are not attached any longer at this new location.

Another thing: When I check my Resource console
... See more
I moved to a new residenced apartment, and received this message when I tried to confirm a segment in the TM:

There is no working (primary) translation memory attached to the project.

But it worked fine 2 days ago in another city at another serviced apartment. I have this online server TM attached and my own local TM that I created myself. But now suddenly they are not attached any longer at this new location.

Another thing: When I check my Resource console, there is a long list of TMs for all previous projects for other customers as well as the 2 I use for this project. And there is a pin symbol (for pinned) and a green checkmark for most of these TMs. Now when I have my current project opened and a file for translation opened in MemoQ 8.4, should really all these TMs be pinned and have a green checkmark? Doesn't it mean all these TMs are attached to this project (which they definitely should not)?
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 6, 2018

I forgot that it's under Project home/Translation memories that I add TMs to the project. Now it works when I clicked the checkboxes for my server TM and my local TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is there no primary translation memory attached to the project in MemoQ when it was 2 days ago?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »