looking for recommendatios : QA tool for memoQ jobs
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:24
English to Spanish
May 10, 2018

What Quality Assurance tools do you use for your memoQ projects, if any ?

I would like to have something more fast and potent than the integrated QA function of memoQ.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
QA May 10, 2018

What's bothering you with memoQ's own QA? The speed or lacking features? If you're bothered with the speed, CafeTran Espresso 2018 might be an attractive alternative. Although you'd have to convert everything to MQXLIFF (which takes time).

I translate and QA all memoQ files (as MQXLIFF files) in CafeTran Espresso 2018.

CT
... See more
What's bothering you with memoQ's own QA? The speed or lacking features? If you're bothered with the speed, CafeTran Espresso 2018 might be an attractive alternative. Although you'd have to convert everything to MQXLIFF (which takes time).

I translate and QA all memoQ files (as MQXLIFF files) in CafeTran Espresso 2018.

CT offers these QA checks:

https://github.com/idimitriadis0/TheCafeTranFiles/wiki/2-Menu-and-Interface#qa

Not all QA checks from memoQ are covered. You'll have to decide yourself if important checks are missing.

Anyway, like everything in CT, QA is very fast. You can correct errors, propagate the corrections to all corresponding segments, trigger the QA again via a keyboard shortcut and fix all errors one by one swiftly. Normally this procedure only takes a couple of minutes, even for big projects.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for recommendatios : QA tool for memoQ jobs

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »