use of the integrated web search funtion in memoQ
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:04
English to Spanish
May 7, 2018

I have integrated in memoQ the search function for the online Microsoft glossary. I have just to press Control+ F3 to look for a term on that glossary. But unlike other online glossaries that I have setup in my memoQ, memoQ does not insert automatically the search term into the search field of the Microsoft page. I have to write manually the term each time.
Is there a way to achieve the automatic insertion ?

See more
I have integrated in memoQ the search function for the online Microsoft glossary. I have just to press Control+ F3 to look for a term on that glossary. But unlike other online glossaries that I have setup in my memoQ, memoQ does not insert automatically the search term into the search field of the Microsoft page. I have to write manually the term each time.
Is there a way to achieve the automatic insertion ?

Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:04
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
They changed the search string May 7, 2018

Change the search string from what memoQ currently has to this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language/Search?&searchTerm={}&langID=Greek&Source=true&productid=All%20Products

Don't forget, of course, to substitute your target language for "Greek": langID=Spanish, for example.

[Edited at 2018-05-07 13:59 GMT]

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your suggestion, May 9, 2018

I was already using that web path to the Microsoft glossary, but it did not work

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
also trying to configure the web search for Proz.com in memoQ May 14, 2018

Also I would like for memoQ to insert automatically the search term in the proz search engine and without having to specify each time the source and target language (first image below)

The key to this issue is how do you define the fields on the memoQ panel Edit search provider (second image below)

[Edited at 2018-05-14 06:29 GMT]
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:04
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Doesn't work May 14, 2018

Those doesn't work for me, either, and for no one, I guess. Try contacting Kilgray themselves. They might reply, now that they have completed the monumental work of creating a new "Q"!

On the other hand, both Microsoft Language Portal and ProZ.com search work fine in the corresponding Trados Studio "Web Lookup" plug-in.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

use of the integrated web search funtion in memoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »