New laptop, old TM and termbases unusable! Register local greyed out.
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:05
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 28, 2018

Hello. I have a new laptop, thus I imported all my memoQ TM and termbases from my older laptop to the new one. I simply copied and pasted the folders. According to instructions, I should go to Resources, Translation Memories (or Term bases) and click on Register local to have my resources available again.

Nevertheless, Register local command is greyed out. I have almost 20 unusable translation memories and term bases from my older laptop. Is there a registry or something I could cha
... See more
Hello. I have a new laptop, thus I imported all my memoQ TM and termbases from my older laptop to the new one. I simply copied and pasted the folders. According to instructions, I should go to Resources, Translation Memories (or Term bases) and click on Register local to have my resources available again.

Nevertheless, Register local command is greyed out. I have almost 20 unusable translation memories and term bases from my older laptop. Is there a registry or something I could change in order to rescue my old translation memories?

I've seen that this problem has been already posted here, but no solution has been provided yet (or I cannot find it).

I would appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Clarisa Moraña
Collapse

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:05
English to Russian
small advice Apr 29, 2018

Maybe MemoQ is unaware of copied TMs (I suppose you copied all Translation Memories folder). I suggest to create a dummy project with dummy (empty) TM on the new laptop, to make MemoQ aware of some TM.
There is another simple (but time consuming) solution. You should create some empty TMs (with similar names) and then import TMX files (from the old laptop) into these empty TMs.
Good luck!

[Редактировалось 2018-04-29 16:00 GMT]

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
Local time: 11:05
English to Russian
+ ...
Check "memoQ server" block Apr 30, 2018

Look at the ribbon. What option is selected in memoQ server block? My computer or external server?

Sebastián Novaira
Carol Fortunato
Alessandra Di Pofi (X)

Sebastián Novaira
Sebastián Novaira
Local time: 07:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
3 months later Aug 12, 2018

Mikhail Popov wrote:

Look at the ribbon. What option is selected in memoQ server block? My computer or external server?

Thank you for solving this for me. I looked everywhere but I couldn't figure it out.

Dorothy Schaps

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New laptop, old TM and termbases unusable! Register local greyed out.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »