Thread poster: Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:39
English to German
Mar 4, 2018

Hello forum,

I am working on a server project, in which 50% of a large document is assigned to me. Is there a way to open only my part in the translation editor? So far, I can only open the entire document, and the segments not assigned to me appear as locked, but for some reason can't be filtered out by selecting only unlocked segments.

Any input is appreciated

Thank you,
Nico

gninolps (X)
gninolps (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
workaround Mar 5, 2018

I've once suggested Kilgray to treat unassigned rows as locked rows, but they probably didn't like the idea, since they didn't change that.

What I can think of as an workaround would be adding a generic, easy identifiable text to all your empty fields, then filter them. But it should be done at the start

For example, ctrl+shift+a (select all), then ctrl+shift+s (copy source to target). Don't confirm, but don't delete them either. Then, create a view with advanced option
... See more
I've once suggested Kilgray to treat unassigned rows as locked rows, but they probably didn't like the idea, since they didn't change that.

What I can think of as an workaround would be adding a generic, easy identifiable text to all your empty fields, then filter them. But it should be done at the start

For example, ctrl+shift+a (select all), then ctrl+shift+s (copy source to target). Don't confirm, but don't delete them either. Then, create a view with advanced options based on "Conflicts and changes" >> "Last changed..." >> "Modified after". Then you open the view and clear all translations.

If you already started, you could make sure all started rows are confirmed and then clearing all translations before following the steps above.

Unfortunately, I don't have a project where I can test it now, but it's an idea.
Collapse

Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:39
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 5, 2018

Hi Gabriel,

thank you for your suggestion, I might give it a try.

Don't you think the rows edited by the other translator will start to appear in my view once they edit them? Or are the views static after creation?

Best,
Nico

gninolps (X)
gninolps (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Forgot to mention... Mar 5, 2018

You should turn auto-sync off before doing this, just to make sure you'll only see your modifications.

But once the view is created, it does not update (not even if you want it to, which is a shame).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open only assigned segments in server project

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »