Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
how to quit from the free-mode running of memoQ to enter the fully licensed mode
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:11
English to Spanish
Feb 26, 2018

I have been using memoQ on the free mode (program with restricted functions). Now I have purchased a license and wish to run the program as a licensed user, that is, the full featured program. Which steps I must follow ?

[Edited at 2018-02-26 12:10 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You probably need to download the full package Feb 26, 2018

I would download the memoQ package again (not the Free one, but the full one) from Kilgray's website. The package to install is probably different...

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Tomas, Feb 26, 2018

on the memoQ web site, there is only one option to download the program memoQ Pro 8.3

I did not find separate downloads for the free version and the paid version.

https://www.memoq.com/en/downloads

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Kilgray KB Feb 26, 2018

Angel Llacuna wrote:

I have been using memoQ on the free mode (program with restricted functions). Now I have purchased a license and wish to run the program as a licensed user, that is, the full featured program. Which steps I must follow ?

Try this: http://kb.memoq.com/article/AA-00240/0/Downloading-and-activating-memoQ.html

Not sure if something changed with version 8 (I have a license since MemoQ 5), but with previous versions you had a 45+45 trial period after which the program would switch to the free version, or you could just update the license status to reflect your purchase.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Through the Activation option? Feb 26, 2018

Do you have a "My memoQ" tab in the topmost bar of tabs. If so, in that tab you should see an Activation wizard which helps you connect to memoQ's central activation server and activate your license. If Kilgray have supplied a serial number, you might have to enter it before connecting to the central activation server.

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
option tried Feb 26, 2018

On memoQ Free, I used the option to activate the license online, but it does nothing.

The trial version already expired. Now I am on the Free-version mode. I wish to quit that mode and use the full program as licensed user.

Mirko Mainardi
Italy
English to Italian
Activation wizard & serial number Feb 26, 2018

Have you checked the serial number entered in MemoQ and tried the activation wizard?

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
on the wizard to activate the license, Feb 26, 2018

I select this :

and got this :

I got no prompt to enter my license number.

[Edited at 2018-02-26 13:32 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Italy
English to Italian
Contact support Feb 26, 2018

Angel Llacuna wrote:

I got no prompt to enter my license number.

There should be a separate "change serial" option, although the serial number your license is tied to should be the same that was first created for your trial period...

Here is a general overview of the various options: http://help.memoq.com/2016-pilot/en/memoq-activation.html
And here you can find a specific guide for 8.3: http://www.memoq.com/en/support/guides-and-videos/translators

At any rate, if you can't get it to work, you should definitely try opening a ticket with them: http://support.kilgray.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
are the serial number and the license number ... Feb 26, 2018

the same thing ?

Mirko Mainardi
Italy
English to Italian
Yes Feb 26, 2018

Angel Llacuna wrote:

are the serial number and the license number ...

the same thing ?

Yes, although I would rather say that your license is tied to a serial number.

For instance, my license allows me to install and use MemoQ on 2 computers, and is tied to 2 serial numbers, one ending with 001 and the other one with 002.

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
the documentation to active the license for MemoQ 83, says ... Feb 26, 2018

To download memoQ, open the memoQ.com website, and, in the memoQ for individual translators section, click Download.

There is no section called memoQ for individual translators on memoQ.com

Mirko Mainardi
Italy
English to Italian
Products > Feb 26, 2018

Angel Llacuna wrote:

To download memoQ, open the memoQ.com website, and, in the memoQ for individual translators section, click Download.

There is no section called memoQ for individual translators on memoQ.com

Menu on top, "Products >" - Individual use - memoq translator pro

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:11
German to English
Delete, then reinstall Feb 26, 2018

You might try completely removing the program (using Revo Uninstaller or some similar program), then reinstalling. Then enter the license number during installation.

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I have tried that ... Feb 26, 2018

Kevin Fulton wrote:

You might try completely removing the program (using Revo Uninstaller or some similar program), then reinstalling. Then enter the license number during installation.

and other options to no avail. When I install the program, it always run on the free mode (that mode that the user enters when the trial version expires). I am not able to update my status to licensed user (one who has purchased a license).

And the support staff al memoQ does not answer my messages

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to quit from the free-mode running of memoQ to enter the fully licensed mode

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »