Thread poster: Khadis
Khadis
Khadis
Indonesia
Local time: 18:47
English to Indonesian
Feb 16, 2018

Hello,

I am running memoQ 2014 R2, and used it to translate several SVG files. The files were originally an EPS file, and because I couldn't translate them directly, I decided to export the files to SVG.

I was able to import and translate the files. The problem is, when I opened the translated SVG files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 (to be exported back to EPS files), the translated texts didn't appear, but only the source text. So far, I can only open the translated text by
... See more
Hello,

I am running memoQ 2014 R2, and used it to translate several SVG files. The files were originally an EPS file, and because I couldn't translate them directly, I decided to export the files to SVG.

I was able to import and translate the files. The problem is, when I opened the translated SVG files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 (to be exported back to EPS files), the translated texts didn't appear, but only the source text. So far, I can only open the translated text by creating new document and import the SVG files using File - Place menu, then export them back to EPS. But, this method is way too complex and time-consuming since I had to create new document (which have to be the same as the original document) and I couldn't place the image and the text in the exact place as the original document.

Is there any simpler action to fix this problem? I have tried to use Inkscape, but the text layout become mess.
Collapse

Kirill Loktionov

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 13:47
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Hello! Feb 9, 2023

Did you find any solution for this problem?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text in SVG files didn't appear

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »