Thread poster: Rocío Cordero
Rocío Cordero
Rocío Cordero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:39
English to Spanish
Feb 7, 2018

Hi,

I'm having problems to create and add tags to target segments when they are not in the source segments. I'm working with IDML (InDesign) files. As per the style guide we need to use bold or italics when in English isn't required and I tried using the regular Bold and Italics functions in memoQ under the Format menu. The bolded or italicized letters show well in the translation grid but after exporting the file and opening it in InDesign all that format is lost (unless they were
... See more
Hi,

I'm having problems to create and add tags to target segments when they are not in the source segments. I'm working with IDML (InDesign) files. As per the style guide we need to use bold or italics when in English isn't required and I tried using the regular Bold and Italics functions in memoQ under the Format menu. The bolded or italicized letters show well in the translation grid but after exporting the file and opening it in InDesign all that format is lost (unless they were in the source originally and I copied them). Thanks to this I learned that in InDesign there's isn't a button for "bold" as you would find in Word but rather you need to choose a font and a certain weight (for instance, Museo Sans 100 is "regular" size and Museo Sans 500 or 700 is bold and this varies per font) so I think the problem has to do with this.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I'm using memoQ 8.1.

Thanks,

Rocío
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding inline tags in target segments when working with IDML files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »