Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 07:05
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 25, 2018

I had to wipe the hard disk and install everything from scratch, while retaining TMs, termbases, muses on d drive (D:\\translations\\memoQ\\*). I am now finally back again in 8.3, except that...

a) my options/locations/resources entry shows (correctly) to existing folders, e.g. D:\translations\MemoQ\Translation Memories
b) ... but the existing TMs do not show up
b) the folder, indicated in a, (as well as the list of TMs in MemoQ) is getting filled up
... See more
I had to wipe the hard disk and install everything from scratch, while retaining TMs, termbases, muses on d drive (D:\\translations\\memoQ\\*). I am now finally back again in 8.3, except that...

a) my options/locations/resources entry shows (correctly) to existing folders, e.g. D:\translations\MemoQ\Translation Memories
b) ... but the existing TMs do not show up
b) the folder, indicated in a, (as well as the list of TMs in MemoQ) is getting filled up with new TMs, but the existing TMs do not show up.

DUH!

Curious: the old TMs contain a file mtm, and the new TMs however do not ... Could it be some screw-up involving different releases? (the oldest existing TMs are from 2015)

Going around the bend with TMX (export>TMX>import to TM) is a no-go, not because of the d*d extra work, but because I do not have the latest contents of TZMs in the TMX form.

Must be something "terribly obvious";)

TiA

smo
Collapse

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Register local Jan 26, 2018

Press this button and open MTM files one by one
memoq

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
My register local is greyed... Jan 26, 2018

plus - what I find disconcerting - MTM file type is not associated with MTM files. Sucky...

BTW: the newly created TMs do have mtm file as well.

Regards

Vito

[urejeno ob 2018-01-26 10:49 GMT]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Problem solved: server URL must point to the "my computer" Jan 26, 2018

The server URL must point to the "my computer", as in the screen shot above. Makes sense too;)

Problem solved! with the help of MemoQ support (***)

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attaching existing memoQ TMs to a project

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »