[MemoQ] Concordance window is not showing up with using CTRL-K or manually selecting it
Thread poster: Julie Crozier
Julie Crozier
Julie Crozier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:10
English to French
Mar 1, 2016

When highlighting a term and pressing CTRL-k or manually clicking on Concordance search, the concordance window doesn't show up.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:10
English to Italian
Contextual menu Mar 1, 2016

Julie Crozier wrote:

When highlighting a term and pressing CTRL-k or manually clicking on Concordance search, the concordance window doesn't show up.

What options do you get if you right click on the highlighted term? You should theoretically see a "Concordance..." item with its shortcut on the right.

Julie Crozier
Julie Crozier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:10
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Right-click option shows Concordance, but it is unusable. Mar 1, 2016

I actually see the Concordance option, but when clicking on it, nothing happens. Same if I try to click on it in the ribbon, or call with with ctrl-k.

Sometimes, when trying to call the window, my cursor will change to the small wheel (indicating it's trying to work), but nothing will appear.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:10
English to Russian
Try this Mar 1, 2016

1. Invoke Concordance with ctrl+k.
2. Without clicking anywhere else or pressing anything else, press and hold the Windows button on your keyboard with one finger and simultaneously press arrow (left or/not and right) several (6 to 8) times with another hand finger

Sometimes such "auxiliary" screens go off the screen without your knowledge/recognizing. It is not that easy to achieve this deliberately, but it can
... See more
2. Without clicking anywhere else or pressing anything else, press and hold the Windows button on your keyboard with one finger and simultaneously press arrow (left or/not and right) several (6 to 8) times with another hand finger

Sometimes such "auxiliary" screens go off the screen without your knowledge/recognizing. It is not that easy to achieve this deliberately, but it can be done unnoticed.

[Edited at 2016-03-01 20:29 GMT]
Collapse

Laurent Chevrette (X)
SachiM
Anna Tomysheva
Marzia Bosoni
Nagehan Carroll
Maria Eugenia Moron

Laurent Chevrette (X)
Laurent Chevrette (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
THANK YOU Dec 19, 2018

Stepan Konev wrote:

Sometimes such "auxiliary" screens go off the screen without your knowledge/recognizing. It is not that easy to achieve this deliberately, but it can be done unnoticed.

Thanks SO MUCH I've been looking for a solution to that annoying randomly appearing problem.

Have a great day

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
You're welcome Dec 20, 2018

Glad to hear it helped.
I would like just to add a minor update for almost 3 years have passed and modern technologies are very fast pace: this workaround was true for Windows 7 as far as I remember. For later versions now it works in a different way.

[Edited at 2018-12-20 02:09 GMT]

Aude De Lucia
Aude De Lucia  Identity Verified
Italian to French
+ ...
"press and hold the Windows button" workaround still working! Mar 24, 2020

Though this post is old, it just saved my day! The "press and hold the Windows button" workaround just worked for me (MemoQ 9.2 / Windows 10) as my Concordance window refused to show. Thank you Stepan!

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
I wonder Mar 24, 2020

what did I mean by 'left or/not and right'?

Ingrid van Dijkman
Ingrid van Dijkman
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Still helpful Oct 19, 2021

And one and a half years later it still helps people:) Thanks!

Karl Callus

Karl Callus
Karl Callus  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:10
German to English
+ ...
Still applies Nov 5, 2021

The fix still applies to MemoQ 9.9.9 / Win 10 and multi-monitor setup. The concordance window probably moves outside the viewable area of the screen (for reasons unknown).

Stepan Konev

Michel4632
Michel4632
This window is a pain Nov 7, 2021

This concordance window has always been a pain.
Not only the "always on top" mode is forced, but also, it doesn't wotk well in a Windows 10 multiscreen environment (frequently, the window opens somewhere outside the different monitors).

I'm sure it is only a question of selecting the right window parameters before compiling the source code.

MemoQ has always been rather reactive to fix issues, so I don't understand why this one lasts for years...

Ben Hickman
Ben Hickman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Dutch to English
Saved the day again in December 2021! Dec 17, 2021

Thank you, Stepan Konev! I'm still using memoQ 9.0 and just wasted an hour trying to solve this problem. Your solution saved the day!

Stepan Konev

claudebkk
claudebkk
Thailand
Auxiliary information Jun 7, 2022

Very useful. Problem occurred also in multiscreen environment.

Note that it does not work if you have disabled the snap windows option in Settings/System/Multitasking.

Marzia Bosoni
Marzia Bosoni  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Still working! Jul 12, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

Thanks a million, Stepan! You saved my (working) day!

Stepan Konev

Maria Eugenia Moron
Maria Eugenia Moron
Argentina
Local time: 03:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks a million! =) Feb 28

This has been of great help! Thanks!

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[MemoQ] Concordance window is not showing up with using CTRL-K or manually selecting it

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »