Thread poster: Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:58
German to English
+ ...
Jan 23, 2010

I recently started testing the memoQ Server as a project manager (having used it previously as a translator in a team). My initial positive experiences are described in some detail here.

A brief summary of the best points:

- great benefits for shared resources and concurrent editing/translating
- restored projects locally after a catastrophic hard drive failure
- all
... See more
I recently started testing the memoQ Server as a project manager (having used it previously as a translator in a team). My initial positive experiences are described in some detail here.

A brief summary of the best points:

- great benefits for shared resources and concurrent editing/translating
- restored projects locally after a catastrophic hard drive failure
- allowed leveraging of TM-driven segmentation even with local projects
- so easy that average mortals can use it

Does anyone else have experience to share about this environment?
Collapse

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:58
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Price - add-ins? Jan 27, 2010

Hi,

I enjoyed reading your review of the product, and am favourably impressed with it.

I've tried searching Kilgray's web site for the price of the Server /LSP5 version, but found nothing...

Plus, most of the nicest features you mention seem to be available only with add-ins - for glossaries management, forum creation, synchronisation between local and server sides.

While I do understand the product + add-ins seem outstanding, I'm rather fishy
... See more
Hi,

I enjoyed reading your review of the product, and am favourably impressed with it.

I've tried searching Kilgray's web site for the price of the Server /LSP5 version, but found nothing...

Plus, most of the nicest features you mention seem to be available only with add-ins - for glossaries management, forum creation, synchronisation between local and server sides.

While I do understand the product + add-ins seem outstanding, I'm rather fishy about the final price of base product + add-ins that make it so nice.

Furthermore, after how long after initial purchase do you have to "renew" the license in order to go on using the product?

Regards,
Jose
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:58
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Price must be asked Jan 27, 2010

Jose Ruivo wrote:

Indeed and I think the prices for the server version are not in the website. You must talk to a Kilgray representative about it and get a quotation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First project management experiences on a memoQ server

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »