Thread poster: Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:55
German to English
+ ...
Jan 8, 2010

It looks like Kilgray has some good presentations planned in January, including another MemoQ 4.0 preview this coming Monday. More on that here.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Look forward to that! Jan 9, 2010

I sincerely hope I can attend! A very busy month ahead!
Thanks for posting Kevin.

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:55
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Making the time Jan 9, 2010

Monday will probably be a busy day for me, but if I have to shut off the phones and kick the dogs out into the snow to join the MQ4 and listen in peace, I will. There are a lot of interesting things happening at Kilgray right now, lots of development momentum. The feature I care the most about for my personal requirements will not be part of v4.0, but most other things on my wish list are.

What I find particularly hope-inspiring is not what's happening at Kilgray with this p
... See more
Monday will probably be a busy day for me, but if I have to shut off the phones and kick the dogs out into the snow to join the MQ4 and listen in peace, I will. There are a lot of interesting things happening at Kilgray right now, lots of development momentum. The feature I care the most about for my personal requirements will not be part of v4.0, but most other things on my wish list are.

What I find particularly hope-inspiring is not what's happening at Kilgray with this product per se but the effect that the team there may have (and appears to be having in some cases) on other significant players and hopefuls on the TEnT market. They are setting standards for technology and support. SDL and others are taking note and responding. Everybody wins (so far). At least some constipation in the industry is finally being dealt with.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Note on upcoming MemoQ seminars

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »