Thread poster: simon tanner
simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:42
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2009

More teething troubles with what is otherwise a highly enjoyable environment to work in.
Whenever I confirm a segment, the cursor goes to the end of the following segment (presuming it contains text, obviously). Is there no way I can tweak the program to get the cursor to go to the beginning, which is much more natural?

Thanks again for any help!

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
English to Hungarian
not configurable Oct 29, 2009

Hello Simon,

This is something that we can't really make up our mind about. The current behaviour is what we thought would be the best "on average". Is this configurable in other tools?

BTW, if you leave a segment and go back to it, memoQ puts the cursor at the location it last resided at.

Best regards,

Gergely Vandor
Kilgray

simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
configurable Oct 29, 2009

Hi Gergely,
thanks for the reply. No, as far as I know it's not configurable in other tools, but Trados by default takes you to the beginning of the segment, which at least I find preferable.
The fact that the cursor 'remains where you left it', meanwhile, is an excellent feature!
Simon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cursor to end of segment

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »