Thread poster: Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:55
German to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2009

I was recently invited to join a collaborative project of freelancers using MemoQ to get a big job done. I usually stay away from such things, but I have found my standalone work with MQ so interesting, and I receive frequent questions about the product from my agency clients, so I thought I'd take a look at what the server version might have to offer them. A lot it turns out. I was overwhelmingly pleased to see what an affordable, efficient, translator-friendly environment for collaboration we ... See more
I was recently invited to join a collaborative project of freelancers using MemoQ to get a big job done. I usually stay away from such things, but I have found my standalone work with MQ so interesting, and I receive frequent questions about the product from my agency clients, so I thought I'd take a look at what the server version might have to offer them. A lot it turns out. I was overwhelmingly pleased to see what an affordable, efficient, translator-friendly environment for collaboration we have here. Comments from others working with the server have merely confirmed our good experience. Here is a further commentary on this erste Begegnung:

http://simmer-lossner.blogspot.com/2009/10/full-speed-ahead-with-memoq-server.html
Collapse

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:55
Dutch to English
+ ...
Nice one Oct 21, 2009

Thanks for posting this Kevin, after reading your blog entry, it seems very promising.

Like you, I usually have reservations about group projects, but with the right mix of people this can open up a lot of doors -- love the idea of screens being updated on two sides of the world.

Take care
Debs

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for sharing! Oct 21, 2009

Thanks a lot for sharing, Kevin!

We happen to be in the process of evaluating MemoQ server software (without the "online docs" for now) for our in-house team and I am very eager to report my results too! Our aim is to make it happen early next week... and we mean to make MemoQ sweat a bit with a sample of our biggest and trickiest projects. I promise to come back to this forum to report my findings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Positive first experience with MemoQ server project

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »