Thread poster: wmac
wmac
wmac
Local time: 18:48
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Sep 18, 2009

Hello,

Persian/Farsi is basically very similar to Arabic (4 more alphabets though). However, this language is not included in the list of languages in the software.

- Is there a workaround to this problem?

- What problems may I encounter if I use Arabic language for the source or destination?

- I wish there was a settings file which I can edit and add the language myself
... See more
Hello,

Persian/Farsi is basically very similar to Arabic (4 more alphabets though). However, this language is not included in the list of languages in the software.

- Is there a workaround to this problem?

- What problems may I encounter if I use Arabic language for the source or destination?

- I wish there was a settings file which I can edit and add the language myself

Thanks,
Mac
Collapse

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:48
Member (2004)
+ ...
Select Arabic, do your work in Persian Sep 19, 2009

I just selected Arabic instead and did my work in Persian, works out great.

wmac
wmac
Local time: 18:48
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Sep 19, 2009

Mr. Moosavi,

Thank you for your reply.

I am mostly worried about memory and other specific features which might use a reference to language name. If we receive Trados memories (prepared under the language name, Persian) , is it likely that we encounter problems?

Thanks to you, however, I know I won't have problem if I work on MemoQ-only projects.

Regards,
Siamak

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Persian/farsi support

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »