Off topic: Survey on professional values of interpreters
Thread poster: Dmitry Venyavkin
Dmitry Venyavkin
Dmitry Venyavkin  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:29
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 12, 2019

Dear interpreters. If you have a few spare minutes I kindly invite you to answer my brief survey. https://goo.gl/forms/8wn355dZvJILbqDs1 It is about our professional values (anonymous, no sensitive questions). Together with colleagues we are hosting a forum for interpreters in Moscow, Russia called Global Dialogue (Глобальный диалог) for the second time. I hope to add results to my ... See more
Dear interpreters. If you have a few spare minutes I kindly invite you to answer my brief survey. https://goo.gl/forms/8wn355dZvJILbqDs1 It is about our professional values (anonymous, no sensitive questions). Together with colleagues we are hosting a forum for interpreters in Moscow, Russia called Global Dialogue (Глобальный диалог) for the second time. I hope to add results to my presentation and summary charts are and will be public. Your contribution is highly appreciated and warmest regards from snowy Moscow:)Collapse

Jan Rausch
Jan Rausch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:29
German to English
+ ...
done Jan 12, 2019

Done

Dmitry Venyavkin

Dmitry Venyavkin
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jan Jan 12, 2019

Many thanks, I am trully honoured to get this first answer from Manchester.

Liviu-Lee Roth
Liviu-Lee Roth
United States
Local time: 18:29
Romanian to English
+ ...
done Jan 13, 2019

done

Dmitry Venyavkin
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx Jan 14, 2019

Thank you, Liviu-Lee. By the way, response summary charts are publicly available, although some countries and cities are in Cyrillic.

Liviu-Lee Roth

María Paula Gorgone
María Paula Gorgone  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 23:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
done Jan 16, 2019

Done

Dmitry Venyavkin
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Survey results Jan 30, 2019

Dear friends, as promised I would like to share current results of my survey with you. I presented them at our conference www.ic4ci.com last week. 200 people from 28 countries answered. Mainly from Moscow, Russia where our local interpreter community has a chat in WhatsApp. The average professional experience of respondents is 13.82 years. Relatively young, but quite experienced. One gentleman from Florida reported ... See more
Dear friends, as promised I would like to share current results of my survey with you. I presented them at our conference www.ic4ci.com last week. 200 people from 28 countries answered. Mainly from Moscow, Russia where our local interpreter community has a chat in WhatsApp. The average professional experience of respondents is 13.82 years. Relatively young, but quite experienced. One gentleman from Florida reported experience from 1975. Values were ranked as follows (1 to 10): Intellectual profession 8.77, Free working hours 8.08, Interdisciplinary profession 7.95, Income 7.66, Adrenalin, drive 7.64, Extensive travel 7.54, Wonderful colleagues 7.26, Profession uniting people from many countries 7.16, Contact with outstanding people 7.06, Prestige 5.4.Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey on professional values of interpreters

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »