Assia Amnay
Assia Amnay
Canada
Local time: 14:39
Arabic to English
+ ...
Sep 4, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am starting a new job, the company uses the Chrome OS operating system. I am the in-house translator and they asked me to create the translation department and suggest CAT tools and other programs I might need.

I was gonna give MemoQ a try but the issue is I just realized they run everyone on Chrome OS.

Can you please help me with some efficient CAT tools that are compatible with that.

File extensions : Docs, ppt, excel, pdf
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am starting a new job, the company uses the Chrome OS operating system. I am the in-house translator and they asked me to create the translation department and suggest CAT tools and other programs I might need.

I was gonna give MemoQ a try but the issue is I just realized they run everyone on Chrome OS.

Can you please help me with some efficient CAT tools that are compatible with that.

File extensions : Docs, ppt, excel, pdf
Would love to have : MT
Number of users : 1

Thank you!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Online, I think Sep 4, 2020

Assia Amnay wrote:
The company uses the Chrome OS operating system.

I know of no CAT tool that runs on Chrome OS. As far as I know, Chrome OS doesn't even have Java (so e.g. OmegaT is also out of the question). This means that you're going to have to use online tools.
- Wordfast Anywhere (WFA): Free to use (with some restrictions), can connect to e.g. Google Translate.
- MemSource Personal: Free to use (with some restrictions) (paid version is $30 per month), has a built-in machine translator.
- MateCat: Free to use, can connect to e.g. Google Translate.
- SmartCat: Free to use, can connect to e.g. Google Translate.

Xenia Fernandez
Elena Feriani
Gabriel Lang

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:39
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Anaphraseus Sep 7, 2020

As I understand, LibreOffice can be used under ChromeOS. So, try Anaphraseus. It is the only thing that comes to my mind (except for SaaS solutions). And it will work with text documents only.

[Адрэдагавана 2020-09-07 12:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT tool for Chrome OS

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »