Is it possible to set internal repetitions to "translated" instead of "touched" (Across 5.7)?
Thread poster: cb-translation
cb-translation
cb-translation  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:41
German to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2014

I am currently translating a large document in Across 5.7 and there are thousands of repetitions. In other CAT tools (Trados, Transit, etc.), it is possible to simultaneously set all repetitions to "translated" when confirming the first occurence of that segment. In Across, it takes my translation and fills the segments with it, but it does not confirm them as "translated", only as touched, meaning I have to manually confirm each one, which is extremely time-consuming. I imagine there is a way t... See more
I am currently translating a large document in Across 5.7 and there are thousands of repetitions. In other CAT tools (Trados, Transit, etc.), it is possible to simultaneously set all repetitions to "translated" when confirming the first occurence of that segment. In Across, it takes my translation and fills the segments with it, but it does not confirm them as "translated", only as touched, meaning I have to manually confirm each one, which is extremely time-consuming. I imagine there is a way to do this, but I am fairly new at this program and haven't been able to find it out on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Collapse

IrimiConsulting
IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
+ ...
You can set all as translated Nov 25, 2014

Tools > Mark all paragraphs as > Translated sets all segments as translated, including empty paragraphs.

I usually do this at the very end since I don't confirm autopropagations while translating.

Lissa Sum
Lissa Sum
Germany
It is possible Jan 7, 2015

Hi,

please go to Tools > Profile Settings > crossDesk > Auto-propagate.
The last option allows you to set the paragraph state of the first occurence to all following repetitions.

Further information on the Auto-propagation you can find on page 459 of the following man
... See more
Hi,

please go to Tools > Profile Settings > crossDesk > Auto-propagate.
The last option allows you to set the paragraph state of the first occurence to all following repetitions.

Further information on the Auto-propagation you can find on page 459 of the following manual:
ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/user_manual_reference_guide_v6_en.pdf

Lissa
Collapse

Johan Kjallman
Johan Kjallman  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Auto-propagate state during proofreading when no changes are made Jan 26, 2015

Hi all,

I'm new to Across and I'm proofreading a large document in version 5.7 containing a lot of repetitions that are not context sensitive. I finally figured out how to auto-propagate the state when making a correction to a paragraph, but how can I auto-propagate the Corrected status to all repetitions when I confirm a paragraph without making any changes?
Also, is there any way to achieve a single shortcut for confirming the state and moving on to the next Translated parag
... See more
Hi all,

I'm new to Across and I'm proofreading a large document in version 5.7 containing a lot of repetitions that are not context sensitive. I finally figured out how to auto-propagate the state when making a correction to a paragraph, but how can I auto-propagate the Corrected status to all repetitions when I confirm a paragraph without making any changes?
Also, is there any way to achieve a single shortcut for confirming the state and moving on to the next Translated paragraph? If not possible from within Across, perhaps someone has already created a macro in AutoHotKey for this?

BR/Johan
Collapse

Jonna Meeuwissen
Jonna Meeuwissen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Found a solution? Apr 24, 2017

Hi Johan,

Did you ever find an answer to these questions? I would be really interested to hear them.

Jonna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to set internal repetitions to "translated" instead of "touched" (Across 5.7)?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »